This tool version is unpublished and cannot be run. If you would like to have this version staged, you can put a request through HUB Support.
MultiSpec is an image processing tool to display and analyze geospatial images. The online version has all of the features in the Macintosh and Windows desktop versions. More information on MultiSpec can be found at the MultiSpec site.
Note that you need to create an account (register) on mygeohub to launch MultiSpec. You can set it up so that you stay logged in so that you do not have to log in each time. (Note that there may be a delay after registering before the account is approved.)
The MultiSpec Reference contains the documentation for MultiSpec. Several tutorials (listed below) are also available.
Tutorials on using the Processor->Display Image menu item are at:
- Tutorial 1: Basic display of images.
- Tutorial 2: Image enhancement features.
A tutorial on Unsupervised Classification is at:
- Tutorial 3: Uses the Processor->Cluster menu item.
A tutorial on Supervised Classification is at:
- Tutorial 4: Uses the Processor->Statistics menu item (and several more menu items).
Other tutorials high lighting features in MultiSpec are:
- Tutorial 5: Combining Separate Image Files into a Single Multispectral Image File.
- Tutorial 6: Overlay Shape Files on Image Window.
- Tutorial 7: Selecting Areas in Image Window and the Coordinate View.
- Tutorial 8: Creating Vegetation Indices Images.
- Tutorial 9: Handling HDF and netCDF Formatted Image Files.
- Tutorial 10: Visualizing Growing Degree Day (GDD) Images.
- Middle/High School Lesson: Landsat 5 Flood Lesson.
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows: