The overall goal is to develop and establish a "Process to PIOT (P2P)" approach that integrates process engineering based models with an Input-Output framework for generating Physical Input-Output Tables (PIOTs) for a regional economy. This research will provide an open-source collaborative platform for developing PIOTs on a regional scale (PIOTHub) using the HUBzero platform. The collaborative platform will allow multiple researchers to develop PIOTs for many regions and enhance collaboration to solve sustainable resource and consumption challenges. Further, the process engineering approach will allow interested industries to use the platform for making strategic decisions in forming alliances that will be economically and environmentally beneficial without the concern of disclosing proprietary information.
The first version of the PIOT hub tool for Python models is available for restricted access here.
- Shweta Singh (Agricultural & Biological Engineering, Purdue University)
- Carol Song (Research Computing, Purdue University)
- Riccardo Boero (Los Alamos National Laboratory)
- Lan Zhao (Research Computing, Purdue University)
- Jaewoo Shin (Computer Science, Purdue University)
- Venkata Sai Gargeya Vunnava (Agricultural & Biological Engineering, Purdue University)