The primary goal of this workshop is to bring together thought leaders and cutting-edge researchers from pertinent multidisciplinary communities to explore the frontiers of geospatial data science. Specifically, the two-day workshop aims to:
- Introduce geospatial big data capabilities (e.g., LiDAR, remote sensing, and location-based social media) for novel applications (e.g., urban sustainability and interdisciplinary studies);
- Demonstrate cutting-edge cloud computing and cyberGIS tools for scalable spatial data synthesis and enhancing knowledge discovery power based on geospatial big data;
- Identify spatial data synthesis requirements from representative science drivers;
- Formulate a core set of questions and problems of geospatial data science; and
- Discuss foundations and principles of geospatial data science.