The U2U Advisory Committee consists of external representatives from the climate change, production agriculture, and extension communities. Their role is to help refine overall program goals and identify/prioritize research, education, and extension areas. Committee Members provide a critical link to regional stakeholders and offer years of experience that will help make the U2U project a success.
- Tom Bartholomay, Evaluation Director, Minnesota Office of Higher Education.
- Jamie Benning, Iowa State University, Extension Watershed Specialist – will advise on issues related to extension and outreach
- Kathryn Brasier, Penn State University, Rural Sociology – will advise on social science research and stakeholder engagement
- Steven Crimp, CSIRO (Australia) – will advise on decision support tool development
- Michael DeFelice, Pioneer, Senior Manager, Corn Platform Management Team.
- Clyde Fraisse, University of Florida – Developed agroclimate.org; will help ensure our efforts are complimentary and offer his expertise in developing decision support tools
- Doug Kluck, Central Region Director of Climate Services, NOAA – will advise on science and technical issues related to NOAA’s mission
- Ken Kunkel, North Carolina State University – has lots of experience through Midwest Regional Climate Center; has done multistate yield modeling and can advise on this work
- Dave Miller, Iowa Farm Bureau – will provide a connection to the Farm Bureau so this important stakeholder is engaged; active in regional carbon sequestration efforts
- Ray Riley, Syngenta – extensive experience conducting research on increasing corn yields; will provide connection to industry
- Jeanne Schneider, ARS meteorologist – knowledge and experience with extension and partnering with science organizations to deliver pertinent information to producers
- Dave Sieck, Producer – former member of the National Corn Growers Association; will help engage producers
- Daniel Wildcat, Professor, Haskell Indian Nations University – will advise on issues related to Native communities
- Dave Williams, Chair, North Central Program Directors Group – will provide a connection to extension programming throughout the North Central Region
- Ray Wolf, National Weather Service, Davenport, IA.